Wednesday, September 26, 2012


To all my loyal readers, I apologize for the 16 months hiatus. I can assure I haven't forgotten about you! In fact, I have been thinking about you non-stop during my research sabbatical. Much has transpired over the past year plus. 

For starters, I moved from Rohrmoser north to a neighboring metropolis known as Heredia, where I lived for six month with Evan. Then, when Evan was offered a job promotion that required a move Stateside, I moved back down to Rohrmoser to be within walking distance of my office. 

I also decided teaching wasn't the right career choice for me. While standing in front of class after class, blank eyes staring back at me yearning not for knowledge of the English language but wondering when the next break is, I remembered how much I loathed structured learning. One day during a grammar lesson explaining the difference between there, their, and they're, and where, were, and we're; I had the class take a break. I gathered my belongings and escaped the building through the boiler room, over the fence bordering the heavily wooded jungle. I made it through the thick tropical vegetation and onto the main highway where I hailed cab and never looked back.

I've been living in a beautiful three bedroom three bathroom house with a great roommate (even tough he is vegan and from Boston) living a wonderfully simple existence. I work, I play football, make home made wine, I write, I live. The main characters in Act II of the on going dramatic comedy that is my life are Thomas, Kurt, and Mitch. Thomas is my roommate, and Kurt and Mitch live next door. We share the same foundation but the house has been walled up down the middle so the landlord could maximize his income potential. 

Mitch, Kurt, and I recently formed a band (band name TBD) with working names such as; The Tres Amigos, Tres Gringos, The Tumble Weeds, The Wrambling Wreck, Jerry and The Curls, Reverse Enemas, The Fart Blossoms, etc. We recently had a photo shoot for our debut album. Mitch is the lead singer and lead guitarist, Kurt and I sing back up vocals. Kurt also play the bass cooler and I play the rattle (a small empty bottle of mescal filled with frijoles negro). 

Below you will find one of our originals we are working on. I wrote the lyrics, Mitch wrote the rhythm and chords, and Kurt made the song come to life...



   

  

Under The Tico Sky

Verse 1
As the sun dissolved into the Pacific
I held her so very tight
The Tico stars hanging above
Twinkling beyond the the Tico night

Verse 2
We made love all night long
In the warm Tico sand
I could see it her (dark brown) eyes
I could feel it in her hands

Chorus
Under the Tico Sky, I lost myself
Under the Tico sun, I was 40 days on the run
Under the Tico Night, I found myself
Under the Tico stars, I fell in love...one too many times

Verse 3
But you know, love is a dangerous thing
It'll will make you run or stay
I found it easier to hit the road
Slipped out at night, I was on my way

Reprise
She wasn't my first
And she wasn't my last
              But Lord,she was the best I ever had

Chorus
Under the Tico Sky, I lost myself
Under the Tico sun, I was 40 days on the run
Under the Tico Night, I found myself
Under the Tico stars, I fell in love...one too many times

No comments:

Post a Comment